An employee’s mental health includes how they think, feel and act, and includes their emotional and social well-being. While mental health includes mental illness, the two aren’t interchangeable. This article discusses five ways that HR can support employees’ mental health.
• Getting Outside May Be the Key to boosting Your Physical and Psychological Well-Being
• Making Smart Food Choices at Restaurants
• A Handy Guide to Portion Control
• Increasing Number of Americans are Making the Switch to Veganism
• Recipe: Potato and Ham Skillet with Eggs
Each fall, back to school time hits and kids are back on the roads, whether their mode of transportation is a bus, a bicycle, or their own two feet, the roads are a much busier place, especially when it comes to pedestrians. Though drivers should always be cautious on the roads, it is especially important to act with extra caution around school buses and in school zones.
• Open Enrollment: What’s Changing in 2020
• Hospitals to Publish Retail Prices Under a New Proposed Rule
September is Mold Awareness Month and it’s a great time to review what causes mold, prevention techniques, and cleaning techniques. Take some time to evaluate your home and ensure you mitigate your risk of exposure. Often, you may be able to deal with the culprit on your own, but you may need to call in a professional to test for mold and remove it from your home.
• Acting DOL Secretary May Bring Change of Pace
• Financial Industry Experienced 3,500 Cyber Attacks in 2019 So Far
The Transportation Department’s Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) has released proposed changes to its rules pertaining to drivers’ hours of service. The proposed changes are intended to give drivers greater flexibility. See the full list of proposed changes here.
To prepare for open enrollment, group health plan sponsors should be aware of the legal changes affecting the design and administration of their plans for plan years beginning on or after Jan. 1, 2020. Employers should review their plan documents to confirm that they include these required changes and communicate plan changes and notices through an updated summary plan description (SPD) or a summary of material modifications (SMM).